- Admiration and Awe, by Antonio Urquízar Herrera (Oxford University Press, 2017). Revised by Nicola Stapleton.
- The Conversos and Moriscos in Late Medieval Spain and Beyond, ed. Kevin Ingram (Brill, 2009, 2012 and 2015). Revised by Nicola Stapleton:
“ Inquisition and Crypto-Judaism: The “complicity” of the Mora family of Quintanar de la Orden (1588-1592)” by Vincent Parello, Université de Montpellier III
“On Morisco networks and collectives” by Luis F. Bernabé Pons, Universidad de Alicante
“The Morisco problem and Seville” by Manuel F. Fernández Chaves and Rafael M. Pérez García, Universidad de Sevilla
“The ship Aquarius and five examples of militarized plunder in Africa” by Nazanin Armanian
Editing and sub-editing original Spanish texts or translations from English for magazines and other publications, e.g.
- Mazda Zoom-Zoom printed automotive magazine, since 2007.
- Magazine brochures on Volvo models, e.g. Noventa.
- Online magazine Imagination for Visit Britain.
- Online Spanish Citywire magazine
María Fernandez has worked with me in the past year on a complex project involving the translation of an academic publication. This required both considerable expertise in her native Spanish, including close attention to medieval references, and the highest quality of written English. She accomplished this task with the utmost competence and was able to render the complicated language into idiomatic English. She also conducted assiduous research into the subject in question to ensure her work was of the very highest standard and I would not hesitate to work with her again on a future project. Nicola Stapleton MA (Cantab.)
I was tutor for Maria Fernandez at Imperial College London from 2004 to 2006, on the MSc in Scientific Technical and Medical Translation with Translation Technology. Specifically, I taught her the Spanish-English translation module.
I am happy to say that Maria was an excellent student: her English was extremely good, certainly of native standard; she was hard-working, conscientious and creative; altogether a pleasure to work with. I have no hesitation in recommending her. Nicky Harman, BA Hons, Co-Chair, The Translators Association UK